What is Page Speed?
Google has announced that page speed is the direct factor of website ranking. If a website has low-speed time which is more than 03 seconds so its visitors will leave it which will also increase the bounce rate. Google always compares you with your competitors on the bounce rate factor. So always do the speed optimization for desktop and specifically for the mobile version.
The Ecommerce website has many pictures of products to load and these online stores face a lot of speed issues. A fast store has worked on latest methods to get the speed optimization done for their online business. These online Ecommerce stores get maximum traffic because of good user experience. On the other hand the poor user experience due to bad load speed can cost you a loss of income because users will close your slow page and go to find other convenient website.
These are few points on which a business should focus to improve the speed.
What Can Decrease Your Page Speed?
- Your host: You need a hosting to start the website development. So selecting a good hosting is an important task. Always buy a high speed hosting to overcome on the speed issues.
- Resize Images: If the image quality of your web pages is not good so you should improve it but always use the compressed or SEO optimized images for your website because high size images can take more time to load which can reduce your performance.
- External Embedded Media: The huge number of traffic prefers to watch videos for information and for their solutions. External media such as videos are highly profitable but can mostly decrease your load time. You should host videos on your own server to control the load time.
- Browser, Plugins and App Optimization: After completing the web development & designing you should analyze your website on different browsers and verify that your website is giving the same loading response or not. You can also check other features on different browsers. You should also check your applications and plugins. This is how you can reduce the load and improve the speed of your website.
- Number of Ads: If you are using Google AdSense and you have applied a lot of ads on your web page so it can just bother your visitors, and slow down your page speed. So avoid using ads on your page but if it is essential so then you should reduce the number of ads to improve the speed.
- Theme Selection: If your selected theme has extra CSS or JSS code so it can increase the loading duration. Some complicated written code can penalize your website. So always use responsive, attractive and quality design.
- Widgets Areas: We insert different call buttons, social button and comment as the widgets in the different areas of a website. Sometimes these widgets can also decrease the page speed so always check your widgets too while site optimization.
- Double-Barreled HTML/CSS Code: If the HTML/CSS code is not written well or these are used repeatedly so it can reduce the loading time which is not good for the speed of a website.
- Broken Links and Redirection: First of all reduce the number of redirects then if redirection is essential due to the broken links so do it as soon as possible because broken links can reduce the user response and also damage the trust level.
Setup Google Search Console and Google Analytics and always analyze your website at least one in a month to know the lose corners of your business and also to update in mean time so to reduce the chances of penalty and get the high user response.