This guide will inform you about the importance of dedicated hosting in details. A hosting contains all the elements of your website like images, audio, video, documents, files and others. The hosting accesses these data by using internet so that anyone can find out your data through website. Different companies buy and handle servers to provide the hosting services. Servers use advance level technology and software to assure that your website is live and available, fast in loading and opening, can handle specified traffic, has the essential bandwidth and capacity that you need, and also to provide safety and security. More than 1.3 billion websites are controlled by hosting providers, and the number is increasing day by day.
There are three types of hosts are available in the global market, but we are describing two of them here:
- Shared server: These types of servers are hosting other websites too into their server. It is an entry level process with a very low monthly cost.
- Dedicated server: These types of servers provide its full features to a single user. It has higher cost like 100$ per month.
- Virtual private server: Mostly a dedicated server with its own OS is used as the virtual private server. It provides more characteristics and elasticity than a shared physical server. It has costs in between $20 to $100 per month.
Big Difference between Dedicated & Shared Hosting
- If you have a dedicated server for hosting of your website so it means that you control all the power of that server, CPU, RAM, disk storage, and everything else for your website. Your server do not shared its features and facilities with other websites and because of this in dedicated server a website can get a full and fast speed which is basic need of today. But in shared hosting the server divides its power and features into multiple websites which decreases the speed of every user.
- Cost is the second difference between dedicated and shared hosting. A website on shared server has divide features on the other hand the maintenance cost is higher. A dedicated server may have more price than a shared one but its fast loading speed increases the conversion rates which directly increases the leads. So an expensive dedicated server worth more than a cheap shared server.
What You Get with Dedicated Hosting
We can show you a comparison of three parameters which are performance, security, and control and you can find out that which hosting is better.
Level of Performance
Shared Hosting: In the shared hosting the users have to face the performance limitations because several websites run their processes simultaneously. So the slow speed of website impacts badly on the coming traffic of every website. This poor user experience decreases the traffic, leads and conversions. In that bad condition you have to invest more time and resources to improve the speed which can cost you more.
Dedicated Hosting: In this kind a server a user has its full access because it has not shared its resources with more than one user. By using this dedicated hosting server thousands of visitors or a few, can have a great user experience with fast loading response due to processing power, RAM, bandwidth, storage, etc. By using this kind a server your website will get three major benefits: performance, security and control.
Level of Security
Shared Hosting: If a website in shared hosting violets the security terms and standards so it is blocked by search engines. In this kind a hosting you have no access to know about your neighbor’s websites. Due to any unethical or illegal internet usages of any website the server IP address can be blocked and blacklisted by search engines even the authority of complete server can be penalized and blocked. Shared hosting also you firewalls and malware for protection but it can also impact on whole server in case of any issue.
Dedicated Hosting: It has less risks and more security because you’re the only one server user. You can use different types of scripts and software, and arrange security actions like firewalls and anti-virus to meet your needs. The dedicated hosting provider offers 24/7 network monitoring, security audits, scanning systems, updates and backups to satisfy their users.
Level of Control
Shared Hosting: If we talk about the control of hosting so shared hosting is good for startup businesses. New users or non-technical users can use this kind a hosting because hosting providers control the backend side and maintain the website. You cannot control different types of files and scripts and you will face limited options to deal with your advanced applications. But at the same time it is an economical choice of having an affordable website and run on basic serviceability. But this is surly not a good option for an ecommerce or business website that requires more strong or enlarged functions like apps, plugins and extensions integrations.
Dedicated Hosting: In this case a user has more options to control a server and to perform the custom extendable functionalities for a website. You can use your suggested scripts, programs, and applications. As described earlier, you can select your own security action even you will have control over your server property. But you must have experience to deal with multiple options such as scripts and languages or you can hire a professional individual for it. You can specify your custom needs because you are your own webmaster. Some dedicated hosting providers offers free server management as part of their dedicated server package.
Bandwidth & Disk Space
Shared Hosting: In this case a normal user has limited disk space because resources have been shared to every available user on the shared server. If any website wants to increase space and bandwidth so it has to invest more money.
Dedicated Hosting: In this kind of hosting a user has unlimited access of space and bandwidth which means that a dedicated hosting user can target maximum traffic and also can store maximum data.
Conclusion No doubt the shared hosting is being used a lot because of its low cost but it is not the best choice. There are merits and demerits of both dedicated and shared hosting either you use WordPress, Shopify or any other media to develop a website. You can analyze your website and select the best option as if you have an e-commerce business so you should select the dedicated hosting. Because always remember it that your traffic can exit from your page in just a couple of seconds. Dedicated hosting confirms that your website will get maximum traffic because of multiple features.